HOW DO I BOOK MY FIRST CLASS?
- Please call, email, or submit an enquiry form. Click here for the contact details.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO MY FIRST CLASS?
- Please wear a comfortable t-shirt and shorts, or tracksuit pants.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO MY FIRST CLASS?
- Please bring a filled water bottle.
- A bag to keep your belongings in.
- We also train in bare feet, so we require you to take your shoes off at the door. It is best to wear thongs, or shoes which are easy to take off and put on. It is compulsory to wear footwear to and from training.
DO I NEED TO BE FIT?
- No, You don’t need to be fit. In fact, our martial arts training is designed to increase fitness, flexibility, mobility and general health.
- Prospective students with a pre-existing illness or injury, or any concerns at all, should consult their Doctor before embarking on any training program.
- Please discuss your circumstances with our instructors before you begin training.
HOW OLD DO I NEED TO BE?
- Generally, you must be at least of high school age and maturity to train in the adult’s class.
- We accept students at the school from 5 years +. We will consider children below 5 if they have primary school level maturity.
- Under 18 years must attend first class with at least one of your parents or a legal guardian.
WHAT ABOUT GENDER?
- Gender is no barrier to the martial arts.
I HAVE NO PREVIOUS MARTIAL ARTS EXPERIENCE. IS THAT OKAY?
- You do not need to have any previous martial arts experience (we also welcome those that have trained in the martial arts before!).
WHICH MARTIAL ART IS FOR ME?
- Every one of the arts offered at Perth Martial Arts Academy is worth your while. The easiest way to find out what is for you is to give it a try! Our instructors are more than happy to help you find the right fit for you. Its time to take the initiative and make the first step to doing something great! What do you have to lose?